By year 2020, online marketing experts predict that affiliate marketing sales figures are expected to reach $7 billion with around 85% of online publishers using affiliate marketing. Now, that is really huge! These numbers are helped by the fact that marketers now recognize as a big benefit, their ability to make money from affiliate marketing even while asleep. The real reason many more people are getting involved either directly or through companies. Here are some great ways companies benefit from affiliate marketing.
01. Easy Tracking of Sales and Profits: Just like other forms of digital and online marketing, in Affiliate marketing, it is very easy to track profits by means of very unique and peculiar codes. Most merchants have dashboards or central places where they can directly track affiliate sales and commissions. In some others, there may be summaries of important performance metrics such as click-through rates and related page views. Tracking these metrics is easy and very important for both merchants and publishers because both parties easily see which links are building up engagement and which are not. This vital information allows marketers to be abreast with links performance and to keep up with trends with a view to modifying their strategies and or tactics as needed, when needed.
02. Greater Online Exposure: Every business benefits from exposure. The more the exposure, the better for the business! By having affiliates, a company’s product or service gains exposure for the online world to see. Added to that, some affiliates are people who run websites or blogs that reflect a passion of theirs. They may run informational niche sites because they want to help their readers achieve a goal or learn more about a subject. Others may have a small business that they are trying to promote, and know that linking to big companies can be a beneficial part of marketing. Using affiliate links helps them spread the word. The motivation to make sales and to generate blog traffic from the merchant’s end is also a huge benefit. Building a brand is by far easier and better when the exposure is huge for the company.
03. Building Valuable Partnerships: While merchants may reap the rewards of the higher revenue overall, affiliates are also able to enjoy some of the financial rewards for simply sharing links in the first place. This structure can save merchants some money on what otherwise may be spent on traditional marketing making it a win-win situation for both parties. That mutual benefit helps to build and nurture valuable and lasting partnerships.
04. Relevant Site Content: We always hear experienced marketers say, content is king. The more relevant the content, the better the traffic it attracts. These days, with many companies offering affiliate programs, bloggers and site owners who have specific purposes or cover specific topics have more options about the content they produce. That enables merchants to have a wide variety of advertising outlets available due to the number of bloggers and website administrators who are willing to promote affiliate content in many and diverse ways. All what Merchants need do is to make sure that their links are sponsored on sites that attract their target market. Smart affiliates key into that by choosing merchants with products that appeal to their site followers or blog readers. That helps the synergy for mutual benefits.
05. Affiliate Marketing is Cost-Effective: Cutting down costs and saving up here and there ultimately helps bottomline profits. Many smart marketers know this and also recognize that marketing is centered around growing ROI. The real reason marketers crave cost-effective marketing strategies at all times. Affiliate marketing costs is mostly performance based and can be measured accurately and directly based on agreed terms. The beauty of that is that performance-based marketing reduces the risk of having a bad return on investment. This is one very smart way to project costs and to adhere to them helping to drive real cost effectiveness in the marketing activities.