01. You can spend it in reflective thoughts. This is a way of recalling things in your thought process. You can think back on your life, your business or any project at hand you are handling. That way, it is possible for you to come up with creative ideas to make progress. That is one good way to use your idle time productively.
02. You can listen to subtle music and audio books. Subtle kind of music always provides the inspirational effects for you to think and recall positively. This kind of music you can always get in portable Compact Discs. Good audio books are like having someone read a book for you, at your convenience. Listening to audio books is very relaxing and the message easy to assimilate. You get to soak in information without straining your eyes when listening to audio books. Acquiring new knowledge has become easier with increase in technology which audio books represent. With audio books, you can listen and learn while traveling, exercising, strolling in the woods, hiking or relaxing on the beach.
03. You can set new goals. To be successful at anything, you must first set clear goals of what you want to do. People who write down their goals are far more likely to do them than those who simply think about a goal, or those who have no goal at all. Setting goals helps save you a lot of time in the future. If you use your spare time to clearly record your daily and long-term goals, it will cut other distractions and give you an objective to focus on. Hence, time that would be otherwise spent on mindless diversions is productively used.
04. You can exercise. A sound mind in a sound body is what everyone needs for success in business. No matter how busy you are, you need to exercise if you want to live long enough to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Beneficial routine exercise is what your body needs to help you out in your business. Using your idle time to exercise is one good way to use it productively.
05. You can learn a new language. Advancement in technology has made it quite simple to learn a new language. With Compact Discs, downloads, and podcasts you can begin your journey to becoming bilingual or multilingual. These are skills which come in very handy if you do business across many countries of the world. If you are an employee, knowledge of other languages makes you more marketable. Gone are the days when it was necessary to sit in a classroom to learn foreign languages. These days, you do it easily with the aid of technology in your idle time.
06. You can learn to play a musical instrument. This is one way to acquire other skills in your idle time. Mastering a musical instrument is one great way to improve on your self-confidence and productivity. The better you are at it, the more confident you become and it is all something you can always do in your idle time.
07. You can touch base with friends and family. Many business people are at times so busy that they may find it difficult to spend quality time with friends and family. Earmarking your idle time to spend with your friends and family is one productive way to spend it. Even if you are unable to see them physically, you can touch base with them over the phone, email, Whats-app, Skype or even in a handwritten note or card. That in a way can help bridge the gap or make up for lack of your physical presence.
08 You can give a social/community service. In your idle time, you can always find a way to give something back to society. Real happiness comes from serving others by helping to put a smile on their faces. So, instead of sleeping away your idle time or watching TV, you can help teach someone how to read or write, play a musical instrument, acquire some sporting skills, or even help some elderly persons run errands and do some chores. These activities are not overly demanding of your time but they are highly rewarding and a great way to spend your idle time productively.