Flyers are a great way to advertise your business in SFI. What is required is to create an information type handout that briefly explains your business. This is because most people notice things that are different, something that draws their attention or even makes them laugh. Flyers do serve that purpose and more. The idea is to place them in places frequented by the target audience or in places where they can be noticed by very many people. Here are some great ways to use flyers.
- When you buy your morning paper, you can slip some flyers in with the rest of the newspapers.
- When you go to a garage or yard sale, ask if you can leave a few of your flyers there.
- Paste flyers in the notice boards of Community Colleges (with permission of course). Every student needs a part time job these days.
- Visit establishments you do business with (doctor offices, health food stores, karate/dance studios, etc) and ask if you can leave flyers.
- Leave your flyers in restrooms at restaurants or on cork boards around grocery stores.
- Leave flyers with your tip after a meal in a restaurant.
- Post flyers at apartment complexes if they will allow it.
- Place flyers under windshield wipers of cars in parking lots.
- We all get junk mail with the postage paid envelopes. Just send a flyer back to the company and use their return envelope.
- Put flyers on car windshields at your kids’ sporting events.
- Put up flyers at the local colleges, libraries and grocery stores.
- Ask your local Chinese takeout if you can post a flyer in their window.
- You can paste flyers in your local pay-phone booths.
These are some of the ideal places I can think of right now where flyers can be very effective as advertising tools. The idea is to ensure they are in places where many people frequent and the flyers are easily noticed.